Saturday, February 23, 2008

Metal Caustics

 

One day I went to a nice department store and I found myself looking at the really nice effect created by little lamps in different locations around the store. One of those effects was a caustic that was created by the light hitting the inside of the metal casing and bouncing off, creating a pretty effect on nearby walls. I realized I had never tried this before in 3D so I went home and ended up with this result. The renderer was fairly picky about the circumstances under which it was going to create this look, but with some trial and error it turned out just as I wanted it to.


While the effect is pretty expensive, requiring a lot of processing time to create, it's fun to play around with.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts